How will I learn?
Most of your teaching staff will be Māori and along with your cohort will be expected to:
- Acknowledge the legitimacy of Te Ao Māori.
- Build relationships through whakawhanaungatanga.
- Foster relationships that are centred on ako where staff and students are considered equal.
- Foster caring relationships that are centered on manaakitanga.
How much time do I need?
You will take four courses a year and each course will last ten weeks. You should expect to study for about 15 hours a week for 40 weeks of each year.
How will my learning happen?
- Orient at the two-day wānanga
- Discuss and complete projects together
- Engage with communities of learners
- Grow your professional network
- Use webinars
- Watch videoed presentations
- Enjoy interactive activities
- Experience real-world scenarios
- Build skills throughout
- Collaborate with your skills tutor
- Access online resources
- Receive detailed guidance
What technology do I need?
You must have your own devices to complete this programme. You’ll need access to a webcam, a fast and reliable internet connection and a printer. Find out about the requirements for the learning management system Canvas.
Am I ready for this programme?
This survey will help you identify whether you’re ready to learn online.